New York City is amazing. It’s vibrant, fun and sometimes a little bit tooooo busy. You either hate or love it, but you can’t deny it’s pretty amazing. Personally, I love New York City. I even stayed there for a couple of months – best time. The following are 11 amazing facts about New York City: Capital of the WORLD! If you like to travel, check out this travel blog, where we got the info. It’s pretty neat.
1. The city of New York will pay for a one-way plane ticket for any homeless person if they have a guaranteed place to stay.
This does not work as a tourist (I tried).
2. Albert Einstein’s eyeballs are stored in a safe deposit box in the city.
Hope he can see how stupid everyone became 🙂
3. On Nov. 28, 2012, not a single murder, shooting, stabbing, or other incident of violent crime in NYC was reported for an entire day.
This should be normal.
4. New York City has more people than 39 of the 50 states in the U.S.
That does explain the crowdiness.
5. New York City has the largest Chinese population of any city outside of Asia.
Chinatown is an amazing place to visit!
6. Sixty percent of cigarettes sold in NYC are illegally smuggled from other states.
7. It would cost about $17,000 to take a cab from NYC to L.A.
In an Uber it’s probably $12.
8. The price of a slice of pizza and the cost of a single ride on the subway has been nearly equal for the past 50 years.
Hooray for equality!
9. UPS, FedEx, and other commercial delivery companies receive up to 7,000 parking tickets a DAY, contributing up to $120 million in revenue for the city of New York.
That’s a lot of money a day.
10. New York has the largest Puerto Rican population of any city in the world.
11. There are tiny shrimp called copepods in NYC’s drinking water.
*will never drink again*
12. There are 20,000 bodies buried in Washington Square Park alone.
May they find peace in the chaos.